Crimson Shadow Legion (CSL) is a guild which seeks to provide a home for all different player types. Many of our core players however are progression-minded players who enjoy the thrill of challenging content and the satisfaction that comes with completion, therefore raids are a central focus for most but we have members that enjoy all areas of the game and welcome them. Members of CSL are expected to exemplify proper teamwork and professionalism, whether it be in guild or out of it. Our reputation is one that reflects these values, and that will not be compromised!
Rules of Conduct:
Although we are not a rules heavy guild, there are some things that we expect our member's to adhere to as far as how they conduct themselves to the rest of the guild and the gaming community.
* Discrimination - Of any kind is not tolerated. This includes racism, sexism, antagonism, discrimination based on religion/beliefs or sexuality, etc. If you feel that you cannot respect those around you no matter the above, then this guild is not for you.
* Cheating/Exploiting - We're a guild of integrity, even when it comes to this game. We do not perform nor encourage using any sort of cheating or exploiting methods in any capacity, be it PvP or PvE. Anyone who engages in such actions will first get a warning, and their 2nd offense will be a removal from the Guild.
* Representation - As members of CSL, conducting yourself in ways that are disrespectful, elitist or trollish to players inside or outside of the guild are not tolerated, no matter who you are or what you've done. This includes in-game, on forums, streams, reddit or elsewhere.
* Respect - Is a must. We respect one another at all times, and the same respect is given to players not in our guild.Talking over each other and belittling one another isn't tolerated.
We recruit and only keep players that are able to consistently show these values as well as putting guild success above selfish goals or ideals
Calendar & Attendance:
* The calendar lists each event and their start times. Sign-ups are required for progression raids and encouraged for other events. If you're unable to attend a raid, let us know ahead of time. This is a requirement for anyone scheduled to attend.
* If you're habitually missing or late to arrive to a progression raid, action will be taken including but not limited benching, suspension and removal from said raid team
* The Guild has a 60-day policy as far as when an inactive toon get's removed. Key point there is inactive TOON, not player. If you log in daily yet haven't logged into your Marauder in 61 days, your Marauder will be removed from the guild, and we are not obligate to remind nor inform you of this policy. It's your job to be aware of it. No exceptions
Raid Invites will go out during the 15 minutes before raid start. The only guaranteed raid spot is that of the Raid Leader. Each raider, from recruits through the Guildmaster, earns their spot in the raid through reliable attendance, preparation and performance.
* Raids will start at the time listed in the events page; we expect you to be in game and ready at least 15 minutes prior
* Show up for all raids, whether they are for progression or farm, on time and prepared. This means you are in your raiding spec, with your fully repaired raiding gear, have your raiding consumables ready to go and are at the operations entrance. Patching your game client, restarting your PC, updates, having dinner, etc. should all be taken care of prior to start time. The 15 minutes before starting will be used for invites, last minute adjustments and passing on important information.
* Know the fights. Read the strategies. If a video is available, study it. If something doesn’t make sense, ask somebody before you wipe the raid with it.
* Know your class, advanced class specifics, rotations or priorities, raid utility and how the role you play in the raid contributes to the boss kill.
* Theory-crafting, min/max for each fight, and discussions with other knowledgeable players of your class all contribute to this.
* If you are on an alt, know that these expectations still apply. We will not carry your under-geared alts, nor will we put up with a sub-par level of performance. (Note: Exception may apply if asked by raid leader to move to an alt for the benefit of the group)
* Given our limited raid time each week we must work to maximize our progression on boss pulls. Clearing trash and recovering from wipes quickly are keys to this. Listen to the Raid Leader and keep the Raid Leader informed of any issues that arise. If you have to go AFK, let us know and please try to minimize your time away.
* Know when you messed up, and know how to talk about it with the raid. The raid leader can’t see everything, and it is not another raider’s responsibility to tell you what to do. Help the raid move forward, not backward, by stepping up and taking responsibility for mistakes.
* CSL uses a Loot Council to distribute loot from progression content. Mats go directly to the Guild Bank, and who gets what gear will be determined by factors such as attendance, performance, reliability, consistency and more importantly, how it benefits the raid group going forward. Non-progression content loot follows a free rolling system
*** For more detailed information about promotions, bank, and other topics please click this link to our handbook ***